28 Jul 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (2): Top Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and LOVE to see other top ten lists!
Top Ten Tuesday (2) - July 28, 2015
Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds

There are a lot of characters who fit into this category, so I am going to stick with characters that I personally related to while I was reading.
(1) Vhalla Yarl || Air Awakens by Elise Kova. Vhalla has my dream job: she is a library apprentice. And her reading literally saves someone's life. But she also learns that there is more to life than just reading and I think that is very important for everyone (including me) to realize and understand.

(2) Hermione Granger || the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. My girl. Everything about Hermoine really intrigued me from the beginning and she remains one of my favourite bookworms to this day.

(3) Klaus Baudelaire || A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Klaus was always reading and it saved his and his sister's lives more than once throughout the series. I think you'll notice that a lot of the characters on this list are of the female persuasion, but Klaus was always the Baudelaire sibling I wanted to be when I was growing up.

(4) Tyrion Lannister || A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Tyrion is always reading. He has many great lines in the books about the importance of reading and I am glad a lot of those have transferred into the show.

(5) Catherine Morland || Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. Hi Catherine Morland is everything I want to be in life, she literally had her head in a book 24/7 and imagined herself living out her favourite book.

(6) Sheska || Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa. Sheska can remembers books from memories and literally reads so much that she has a head full of knowledge of all the great books. As well, she gets caught under piles of books that fall on top of her and I have had that happen to me once. #twinsies 

(7) Matilda Wormwood || Matilda by Roald Dahl. I always loved Matilda. It was one of my favourite stories as a child and it greatly influenced me growing up. (See her reading list here!)

(8) Bastian Balthasar Bux || The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. I mean, I personally wouldn't steal a book, but I understand why Bastian did. But I love old book stores and have gone in many of them to see if I could find a book that would do this to me.

(9) Samwell Tarly || A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. The only thing Sam loves more than food is books. #same

(10) Prince Dorian Havilliard|| A Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. As much as Celaena likes to read, Prince Dorian is the one who really stuck with me. He wanted her to read all his favourites and then discuss them afterwards. I do this a lot too.

Who are some of your favourite bookworms? Sound off in the comments! Lots of love and happy reading! xx

3 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of Air Awakens before, but it looks and sounds awesome. I'm totally going to go check it out.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly one of my favourites! It comes out on August 27th but I will be posting my review for it on August 11th so if you want to know more you can check that out :)

      Delete
    2. I definitely hope you do check it out Amy! I'm so excited to see Vhalla on a list with Tyrion AND Hermione. Hermione Granger is my Goddess, homegirl, and hero, no lie.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!