31 Jan 2016

Guest of the Month Club (3): Five 2016 Releases We're Excited For!

http://www.emilyreadseverything.com/
Hello and welcome to another edition of Guest of the Month Club as hosted by Emily from Emily Reads Everything! Today we are talking about our anticipated releases for 2016! I am hosting Book Babe from Booknista where she discusses her five top releases of 2016. You can see my post over on her blog where I talk about five YA contemporary novels I'm looking forward to reading in 2016!
--
Feverborn
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Feverborn #8
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: January 19, 2016
Add to Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Chapters | TBD

This is my ALL TIME favourite series! The urban fantasy series to beat all others. Fae, vampires, magical creatures, other worlds, kick butt heroines, and hot alpha heroes. All set in Ireland. I've been waiting for this book. I will devour it in one night. Promise.


--
Glass Sword
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Red Queen #2
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: February 9, 2016
Add to Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Chapters | TBD

I read RED QUEEN last year and it was one of my top picks. I've been dying for the sequel. It's a bit of a Game of Thrones fantasy style but YA. Some light sexy romance. I just saw the book trailer and it looks amazing!
--

A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #2
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children
Publication Date: May 3, 2016
Purchase: Amazon | Chapters | TBD

Hmmm...there might be a theme evolving here. I do love fantasy. This one is similar to GLASS SWORD and has immortal faeries and kings. In 2015 I read the first book, A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES. This series lot like THRONE OF GLASS. Which, no surprise, I also loved.
--
The Beast
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #14
Publisher: NAL
Publication Date: April 5, 2016
Purchase: Amazon | Chapters | TBD

Clearly there's a lot of guilty pleasure books on my 2016 hit list! This one is probably at the top of my total escape book series that I can't get enough of pile. I've followed this series forever. It's like TWILIGHT, but for grown up women. It centres around the Black Dagger Brotherhood. They're vampires. Tough, tatted vampires who find their true love in every book. Plus there are lots of evil doers that the Black Dagger Brotherhood must fight against to keep peace in the world.
--
Into the Fire
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Prince #4
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: October 25, 2016
Purchase: Amazon | TBD

Another vampire book. I'm a fan of paranormal romance. This is part of her NIGHT PRINCE series. It's a spin off of her NIGHT HUNTRESS world. I've read them all. Lots of adventure, action, and snappy dialogue. This features Vlad. As in Dracula. But, he's the much funnier, cockier, and hotter version of Bram Stoker's character.


What are your top five for 2016?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes! Yes!! I also am a huge fan of the fever series and the black dagger brotherhood! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the books in these series or just am not as excited for these as you are! But one I am really looking forward to is the finale of the Firebird series by Claudia Gray. Oh, and I love this guest host meme idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!